Welcome to Pizza Perfect. I'm a novice pizza maker with one goal: to master the art of the homemade crust. The cheese (fresh mozzarella), the sauce (endless options or super basic), and the toppings (the sky is the limit) are all easy. But the crust I've found to be somewhat elusive.
Professional pizza-makers typically use an oven that can reach 800 degrees. Obviously this is not possible with home ovens, so we need to figure out short-cuts and work arounds (for example, using a pizza stone or "par-frying" the dough).
I'm cooking my way through the masters & the blogs—Mario Batali, Jim Lahey, Wolfgang Puck, Jamie Oliver, Alice Waters, Serious Eats, Smitten Kitchen, findings from community driven sites like Tasteologie & TasteSpotting, and more. I'll keep an ongoing checklist of what I've tried and what I'd like to try in the forum.
I do have a day job, so please expect one trial recipe per week. But I'll be posting fun links & tidbits here and there, as well. I have one request to start off:
I need your help! Please post pizza recipes you like in the forum. I want to try out as many as possible, so eventually I can craft the perfect pie. :)
More coming soon!
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades